Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Lesson Unlearned

Met you as usual one Sunday afternoon,
You were crying most sadly ever so soon,
Said he's ditched you over the phone,
And now you're all alone.
I take you in my arms, trying to comfort,
Whispering condolences, and denouncing him as dirt,
And yet I can't help but think to myself,
Your lessons you left unlearned, you're not helping yourself.

Even as you sob, your face on my shoulder,
Oh, tempted was I to say how silly you were,
Questions I wanted to ask of you,
Why do you persist in love through and thorugh?
Why do you persist in loving in vain,
Getting fooled by players, again and again,
Onlt to suffer the agonies, the pain?
In the end, girl, you've nothing to gain.

Met you as usual one Sunday afternoon,
You were beaming most brightly as if you've had a boon,
Said you've found this nice guy one day,
Now you're going out with him anyway.
All i can do now is sigh all too late,
For what i know would be your inevitable fate,
And I wonder how I'll turn out, when I become a part,
Of the target list of Cupid, and thy accursed dart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home